The Material Handler position is primarily responsible for moving product from one area of the plant floor to another in a safe and efficient manner.
- Moves product from one work area to another with forklift, handcart, pallet jack or by hand.
- Empties the evaporator.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintain 5S in work areas.
- Perform quality work checks to ensure the product meets quality standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This job operates in a manufacturing environment. The individual will be required to adhere to safety policies and procedures on the manufacturing floor.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, requiring 10 hours of work per day Monday through Thursday. Position may require work on flexible shifts, additional hours and weekends.
Limited to no travel is required for this position.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Basic reading skills required.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written directions.
- High attention to detail and self-motivation skills.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
TGS Precision provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.